CCS Privacy Statement
Craft Skills Scotland (CCS) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information held as a result of your participation in training programmes delivered by us.
In making the Training Programmes available to you, CCS will collect and process the following data about you.
· Information you as a participant give to CCS
We will collect and process the following personal information:-
· information that you provide about you and your personal circumstances.
· information about your training programme including details of your achievements and progress, your records of work and portfolios relating to your training and subsequent progression and outcomes from your training. and
· information you provide about yourself in the SDS equalities monitoring form and any disability or care leaver form.
Organisations we may pass your information to
o The information collected shall be held by us or on our behalf and may be passed by us to public bodies concerned with one or more of the following:-
§ economic development
§ skills development
§ awards for vocational qualifications
§ maintaining educational standards
§ the provision of other public services or benefits
§ our internal/external auditors
in each case, to the extent required to fulfill their respective public functions.
The information you provide to us about aspects such as your ethnicity and religion in the Equality Monitoring Form will be passed to Scottish Government as we are required to report on this information under the Equality Act (2010).
We will only report on your answers to the Equalities Monitoring form in an anonymised manner.
1. Please note that CCS or its agents (including Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Qualifications Authority or National Skills Academy for Food or Drink) may contact you as a participant in the Training Program from time to time by telephone, post, text or email or indeed arrange to meet with you directly to discuss matters associated with the provision of your training for the purposes of quality monitoring, training provider compliance and quality assurance, validating training providers’ claims for payment and/or measuring outcomes.
2. Once you have been verified as a participant under the Training Programme by CCS, your personal data will be retained by CCS from the date it is provided until either:
· 31st December 2022, or
· if the programme is extended by the Scottish Government, then two years after 31st December 2022 following the submission of final accounts for the Training Programme from SDS to the Scottish Government.
This is for the purposes of monitoring and auditing checks performed in relation to the European Social Fund. If you require any further detail or clarification on how long we will keep your personal information for and our reason for doing so, please feel free to get in touch with us through at email@example.com.
3. CCS is the ‘data controller’ in respect of all of your personal data collected by CCS under the Training Programme. If you require any information regarding your personal data, please contact the DPO for CCS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If CCS make changes to this Privacy Notice we will post them on our website and, where appropriate, we will notify you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates of changes to this Privacy Notice.
5. For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 or, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 please see www.ico.org.uk