2023 TRADITIONAL STEAK PIE EVALUATIONFriday, 16th Jun 2023
To be held on Wednesday 13th September 2023
Venue: Service Entrance, Forth Valley College, Stirling Campus,
Drip Road, Stirling, FK8 1SE Tel: 01786 406000
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Entries will only be accepted from members of Scottish Craft Butchers.
2. Each entry with the exception of the pastry must be made by the retailers staff.
3. Traditional Steak Pies must contain beef and gravy only.
4. Only one Traditional Steak Pie entry can be accepted per shop.
5. Each entry must be a typical example of the product as sold in the member’s retail premises.
6. Entries must be delivered at a temperature below 5 degrees Celsius with a minimum of two days shelf life.
7. Product entry stickers will be sent to the entrant to attach to their products by 5th September.
8. Pies can be submitted with specific firing instructions for baking off. (i.e. temperature, settings for top and bottom heat, time.)
9. 1 sample of each product must be provided to allow judging. Pie size- ¾ lb. / 340g MAXIMUM ( please do not send in pies over 1lb / 454g in weight )
10. The product must comply with statutory regulations.
11. Nowhere should business names or identifiable brands be used on packs, pastry or ashette.
12. The organiser cannot accept responsibility for loss, late arrival or damage in transit.
13. Entries cannot be returned and will be disposed of after the event.
14. The entries will be judged by a panel of judges.
15. The judges` decision is final.
16. Entries, successful or otherwise, will not be returned.
17. Entry is £18 per product (non refundable) and completed entry forms should be submitted to the Scottish Craft Butchers by Thursday 10th August 2023.
18. All products must be submitted on Wednesday 13th September between 9.00am and 4.00pm at the venue;Service Entrance, Forth Valley College, Stirling Campus, Drip Road, Stirling, FK8 1SE Tel: 01786 406000. If posted or sent by carrier they must arrive on Wednesday 13th September 2023.
19. Results will be announced at regional meetings from 23rd October to 26th October and will be posted on www.craftbutchers.co.uk. You will be notified, however, if you have an award of any description to collect so that arrangements can be made for you to attend the awards ceremony and photocall at the Regional Meetings.
20. For ongoing promotional purposes, awards must be described with the prefix 2023.