2018 Scottish Black Pudding ChampionshipWednesday, 4th Apr 2018
One Scottish Champion will be presented for the best product.
Five Regional Champions will be selected.
The competition will have two phases. Regional competitions followed by mystery shopping of regional winners for final judging.
Monday 16th April – South East Region – Carfraemill Hotel, Scottish Borders
Tuesday 17th April – West Region– Garfield House Hotel, Stepps
Tuesday 17th April – South West Region – Garfield House Hotel, Stepps
Wednesday 18th April – North Region – Laichmoray Hotel, Elgin
Thursday 19th April – East Region - Dewars Centre, Perth
FIRST £150 and the Championship Trophy
SECOND £100 and Reserve Champion Diploma
THIRD £50 and Federation Diploma
Five regional winners will receive a Regional Champions certificate for 2018-2019.
REGIONS FOR COMPETITION PURPOSES
SOUTH EAST:– Edinburgh Lothian and Borders
NORTH: – Aberdeenshire, Moray, Highlands, Western Isles
EAST: – Dundee, Angus and Fife, Forth Valley, Stirling, Perthshire and Kinross
WEST: – Argyll, Bute and Islay. Strathclyde excluding Ayrshire
SOUTH WEST: – Ayrshire and Arran, Dumfries & Galloway
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Entries will only be accepted from members of SFMTA and are limited to one per member.
2. Each entry must be made on the premises of retailers, by the retailer or his staff in Scotland.
3. Each entry must consist of sliced black pudding of 500g minimum weight.
4. Entries must be judged by a panel of judges at the correct regional meeting at one of the four venues.
5. Entries, successful or otherwise, will not be returned.
6. An entry fee of £15.00 per entry should be submitted to the Scottish Federation of Meat Traders` Associations, along with a completed entry form posted by Thursday 12th April 2018 either 1st or 2nd class only. No unpaid entries will be judged.
7. From the final consisting of the five regional heat winners, first, second and third overall will be decided.
8. The judges` decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered.
9. All products must be submitted by 7.30pm on the evening of the appropriate regional judging to the venue.
10. Regional winners will be mystery shopped and re-judged to find the Scottish Champion.
11. Titles used in promotion must include the period of the award which will be 2018-2019.