Team GB seeking membersMonday, 27th Mar 2017
We’re going into battle, and we need the best butchers in the land!
Calling all butchers! Have you got what it takes to compete and beat teams of top class butchers in the World Butchery Challenge?
If you believe you have the skills and want to be part of WBC Team GB, then we want to hear from you – full details and application form link below.
Apply now! For the World Butchery Challenge 2018
The World Butchers’ Challenge will be taking place at IFEX 2018 at the Titanic Exhibition Centre, Belfast on 20th- 22nd March 2018. Crack teams from Great Britain, Ireland, France, New Zealand and Australia will each cut and prepare a side of beef, whole lamb and side of pork to showcase their butchery skills. Sponsorship has been secured for the team basics, but each member will be required to make a financial contribution towards their travel costs.
The World Butchers’ Challenge (WBC) was created as a platform where butchers from across the world can compete and showcase the butchery skills and creative uses of the beef, lamb and pork products from their respective countries.
The current World Champions France will be a hard act to follow and the competition will be a great celebration of World Butchery Skills.
Conditions of Application:
1. Applicants will be selected by Tom Wood (Team Captain), Danny Upson (Dalziel) and Keith Fisher (Institute of Meat).
2. Closing date Friday 28th April 2017.
3. In May 2017 finalists will attend a butchery challenge to showcase their skills and compete to be part of the Team GB, dates and venue will be advised.
4. Training and practises at Leeds City College will take place in June, July, September, October, January and February. Dates to be advised.
5. Each team member will be responsible for managing themselves and ensuring they have everything they require for the competition.
6. All team members are expected to be present at all practice sessions.
7. All team members are expected to act in a professional manner throughout the tour and competition.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 28th April 2017.
Entry Forms can be downloaded at http://www.dalziel.co.uk/downloads/Application-form-WBC-2018.pdf