The Devro Linking ChallengeWednesday, 10th May 2017
A COMPETITION TO FIND SCOTLAND`S FASTEST HAND LINKER
To be held on Sunday 14th May 2017 in Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, at the Scottish Craft Butchers Trade Fair
PRIZE:- Winner will receive a trophy and a voucher for 1 night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast at the Westerwood Hotel, Cumbernauld (exc Saturdays). All entrants will receive a certificate of participation.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The challenge is for an individual to record the most sausages made in one
2. Entries will only be accepted from SFMTA members and their members of staff and are limited to one per shop.
3. For the purposes of this challenge the sausages must be produced by filling a casing with sausage meat and linking them to size.
4. The event is continuous. The clock does not stop. One minute means a complete 60 second cycle. For example, if the event starts at 10.00 am it must finish at 10.01 am.
5. Participants may take a pause or break during the attempt but the clock will not stop under any circumstance.
6. A loud start and finish signal recognized by all participants must be used.
7. Two experienced timekeepers will time the attempt with stopwatches accurate to 0.01 seconds.
8. The judges` decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into after the event.
9. An entry fee of £20.00 per entry should be submitted to the Scottish Federation of Meat Traders` Associations, along with a completed entry form to arrive by 28th April 2017. This entry fee will be returned to the entrant when (and only when) they have completed their attempt.
10.All entrants will be given a slot between 09.30am and 3.30pm on Sunday 14th May 2017 in the competition area at the Trade Fair.
11. Titles used in promotion must include the year of award
SAUSAGE SPECIFIC RULES
• An electric sausage filler will be used for this attempt.
• The sausage filling will be prepared by Devro personnel before each attempt begins.
• Devro Hand Link Select casings will be used for all attempts.
• The casing can be attached to the sausage filler before the attempt begins.
• The participant must begin with both hands on the sausage filler.
• All sausages must be a minimum length of 10.16 cm (4 in).
• Each sausage must be fully linked with the final of the chain tied off in order
to be counted.
• Any burst, broken or unsuccessfully linked sausages will not be counted.
• Only sausages filled and linked within the time frame are eligible for this record.
• After the attempt, the sausages will be distributed or donated for general consumption.
Please register you entry early. Click on pdf below for a fillable entry form.
This challenge will follow the format required for attempts on the Guinness World Record for the most sausages made in one minute but will not count towards that record since greater independent verification and video recording is necessary for such attempts.
However, this challenge will serve as an eliminator to establish individuals who Devro will invite to take part in a World Record attempt later in 2017.
Tim Brown, Chorley
10.50am John Johnstone Dunnabie
11.10am Tom Courts Burntisland
11.30am Donnie Shaw Balornock
11.50am Paul Soutar Perth
12.10pm Matthew Falconer Burntisland
12.30pm Fraser Collins Muirhead
12.50pm Jenna Smith Lochee
1.10pm Iain Joliffe Kilmarnock
1.30pm Shaun Kay Perth
1.50pm Ewan Morrice Stuartfield
2.10pm John Day Burntisland
2.30pm Ryan Playfair Duns
2.50pm Steven McMillan Muirhead
3.10pm Andy Stevenson Kippen
3.30pm Rafal Wichrowski Perth