2019 STEAK PIE, SPECIALITY MEAT PIE & MINCE ROUND EVALUATIONTuesday, 11th Jun 2019
A COMPETITION TO FIND SCOTLAND`S BEST ASHETTE PIES
In the Traditional Steak Pie Category five regional winners will receive a certificate.
Gold and Silver Awards to all those worthy of such recognition
To be held on Thursday 8th August 2019
Venue: Service Entrance, Forth Valley College, Stirling Campus,
Drip Road, Stirling, FK8 1SE Tel: 01786 406000
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Entries will only be accepted from members of SFMTA.
2. Each entry with the exception of the pastry must be made by the retailer or his staff in Scotland.
3. Only one entry per member shop will be accepted in category A (Traditional Steak Pie), two per member shop in Category B (Specialty Pie) and one in Category C (Mince Round)
4. Each entry must be a typical example of the product as sold in the member’s retail premises.
5. Product entry stickers will be sent to the entrant to attach to their products by 2nd August.
6. Pies can be submitted with unbaked pastry but must be accompanied with specific firing instructions for baking off. (i.e. temperature, settings for top and bottom heat, time.)
7. 1 sample of each product must be provided to allow judging. Pie size- ¾ lb. / 340g MAXIMUM for Traditional or Speciality Pies and 1 family size mince round.
8. The product must comply with statutory regulations.
9. Nowhere should business names or identifiable brands be used on packs, pastry or ashette.
10. The organiser cannot accept responsibility for loss, late arrival or damage in transit.
11. Entries cannot be returned and will be disposed of after the event.
12. The entries will be judged by a panel of judges.
13. The judges` decision is final.
14. Entries, successful or otherwise, will not be returned.
15. Entry is £18 per product (non refundable) and completed entry forms should be submitted to the Scottish Federation of Meat Traders` Associations by Thursday 18th July 2019.
16. All products must be submitted between 9.00am and 4.00pm at the venue;
Service Entrance, Forth Valley College, Stirling Campus, Drip Road, Stirling, FK8 1SE
Tel: 01786 406000. If posted or sent by carrier they should arrive on
Thursday 8th August 2019.
17. Results will be announced at regional meetings from 16th September to 19th September and will be posted on www.sfmta.co.uk. You will be notified, however, if you have an award of any description to collect so that arrangements can be made for you to attend the awards ceremony and photocall at the Regional Meetings.
18. Recipes for Diamond Award Products will remain the exclusive property of the winners.
19. Awards must be described with the prefix 2019.